Alluring Broom Handmade with
Handmade Natural Wood and Red Rust Broomcorn
This handcrafted, old world style broom is functional yet crafted beautiful. Each Alluring Broom is approximately 56 inches tall and weighs about 3 pounds. Natural wood branches; some straight, some curvy. Made individually and will vary from photo. Easy to hang when not in use which will protect the broomcorn from bending damage.
Features & Lore of Your Handmade Broom:
- Handfasting Wedding Gift
- House Warming Gift
- Protection from Bad Luck
- Jump the Broom for Wedding
- Sweep away Evil and Negatives
- Sweep Away Debris
- Hang in doorway/entrance, as well as under your bed, for Protection, Harmony and Good Luck.
Please Note: If you would like a broom for Halloween or Christmas, plan ahead - the Autumn months and pre-Christmas season are our busiest time for brooms sales.
Shipping Costs are included for U.S. shipments. International Orders Please Note: There will be additional shipping costs; we will contact you with details.
About your Broom:
- The broom sticks are harvested, sustainably, in Oregon with a local restoration program. The sticks then go into a kiln for drying. A band saw is used in a very unusual, creative way to shapes and sculpt your broom stick... many times you will see a wood spirit peering.
- The best 100% broomcorn called "hurl" is used in creating each broom. The broomcorn in this besom is natural, not dyed.
- A broom winder, from an original machine in the 1800's is used to apply the broomcorn to the stick. Then a post Civil War era boom vice is used to flatten and sew the broomcorn. From the vice, the brooms go to the "Kick Winder" where platting the broom stalks is done. Once the broom is finished, it goes to the "cropper", another 1800's tool, to be trimmed to the desired shape, whether rounded, straight or angled.
- Each is hand-made and will vary slightly in size, color and weight.